Thursday, May 27, 2010

pierced ears

My opinion is rare, I know, but I think I should put it out there.
My mother got my ears pierced when I was a baby, if she had waited till I could decide for myself I don't believe I would have ever gotten them done. By the time I was 18 I wouldn't have done it and I think I would only have done it younger if I had been pushed into it.
Now I have these little holes in my ears, and, no, they don't just close up when you get them that young. It's not that big of a deal, but I do enjoy being different and would have reveled in that one additional thing that set me apart.

1 comment:

  1. I kind of agree...although I think little girls with cute little earrings is adorable, it still puts a permanent hole in their ear. I couldn't do that to my baby. It's unneccessary pain as well. My mom made me wait until I was eight to decide. Even though I like my ears pierced, I think it should be the individual's decision.

    ReplyDelete

What do you say?